The FFC – Fachverband der Freizeit- und Campingunternehmer in NRW e.V. (registered Association of Recreational- and Camping Enterprises in North Rhine-Westfalia) currently consists of approximately 150 member companies. It is a registered association and sustains a branch office on a charitable basis.
The purpose of this association is to promote the interests of the camping- and recreational entrepreneurs in NRW through a consolidated effort by its members, aiming to represent our interests in front of public authorities, organisations and similar institutions.
The implementation is carried out through collaboration of:
- professional associations, like the BVCD (registered Federal Association of the Camping Economy in Germany)
- registered association of NRW tourism
- tourist information offices on a national, regional and local level
- public authorities
- regional plcs
- and other institutions
In addition, the association attends to matters of subject-specific education- and economic policies that are of collective interest to the business. The aim is to permanently improve marketing and quality of camping offers in North Rhine-Westfalia, for example through education and training, rating of camping equipment companies, joint marketing and promotion activities.
An overall concept was developed for the FFC - camping and caravaning – whose content is the following:
- Promotion of tourism with focus on camping
- Consolidation of camping enterprises and camping economy
- Support of member companies through:
- Conceptual consultancy
- Procurement of legal advice
- Marketing strategies and grouping of promotion activities
- Exchange of experiences amongst each other
- Compilation of specific statistics for the promotion of the camping economy in NRW
- Collective internet presence
- Procurement of BVCD framework contracts
- Lobbying in political committees and the public
- Collaboration with ministries, public authorities
- Education and training, orientated at the current business demands
- Collaboration with tourism organisations on various levels
- Networking of association members and other funding agencies with respect to the local, regional and national development of tourism structures.
In order to realise these goals and tasks, the steering committee of the FFC is reliant on active members who inform us about news and contemporary issues from the companies so that we can incorporate those into our work.